Friday, February 4, 2011

A Simple Alien Valentine

















My three year old wants to bring  Valentines to his Nursery School classmates.  Of course he requested aliens, oh, and "NO hearts Mama!" though I did throw in some anyway and he was ok with that :o)

I love drawing pictures for Valentine's Day like my Valentine's Day Treat Bags ... I could do it all day!  For these little aliens, I just drew a bunch on some white cardstock keeping it very simple (sometimes simple is best):






















I also decided to left justify the aliens on the cardstock so that there would be room to attach a sucker or some stickers.  If I decide not to, then I'll just trim up the edge a little more.

I coloured them with pencil crayons (my all time favorite thing to work with!)


















Again, with the idea of keeping them simple, I didn't colour every part in:



















Then I cut them apart using a deceled edge cutter that I have in my scrapbooking kit:

















To get to the PDF for these little Alien Valentines click here  - you will need to scroll down the page a little to get the PDF link :o)


















What do you think about a little alien love this Valentine's day?

- Kristin -

12 comments:

  1. yes please post a pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I would love it.Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please please post the .pdf! we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The PDF is working now - just click on the "Download" button on the top right of the screen image of the aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry but there´s no download button anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very frustrating - sorry! Sometimes when I login it has the "download" button up, other times not. I will look into it ... I apologize for the delay :o(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super bummed that the pdf isnt working! These would be perfect for my son's class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Thanks!
    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are terribly cute! I'd love for you to come share at Fun For Kids Friday!

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/02/fun-for-kids-friday_10.html



    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the aliens. They are really cute. I think aliens are way better Valentine's day cards then the typical heart type card. That's just too generic. Aliens are way more unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis